Saturday, June 11, 2011

Leggings from an old T-Shirt

30 Pants in 30 Days

Pant Project #9

To see #8, click here.



I've come to the conclusion that leggings are the perfect pant for the summer girl.


Being lightweight and fitted, they can handle any amount of play -


without hindrance.


And they are super comfy.

With a waistband you will hardly notice there.


I'm almost convinced to make some for myself.


This wraps up the final pair of leggings for my 4 year old. I'm hoping to get that pattern and tutorial available to you soon.


There is a picture to show you the general idea. Because leggings don't typically have a side seam, they are so fast to sew up. Using a shirt's hem makes it even faster.


I've been getting a lot of questions about how I sew on knits. The key for me is my even feed walking foot. I've recently bought it and I have no more reservations to sew on knits. It really helps with the shifting and stretching - it's a dream! I got onto my machines website and searched what kind of brand I would need and then bought it through amazon.

Now I believe it is time to move onto another child. I think she is feeling left out.

And yes, I realize it is the 11th of June and I am only on pant #9.

I better get sewing!


No comments: